The Star Performing Arts Centre at Vista Xchange, one north is located in Singapore. The 62,000 sq.m. development comprises of cultural, civic & retail uses and when complete will provide a premier entertainment, lifestyle and retail experience for one-north and the wider Singapore community.
The design for retail space responds to the challenging site topography as the zone spirals inwards addressing the major entry points and culminates in an open amphitheatre.
Above, a 33m high grand foyer creates a visual and spatial connection between the retail, civic and cultural zones. It also provides a canopy under which the public can experience outdoor entertainment and al-fresco dining while protected from the elements. The focus of the cultural zone is a 5,000 plus seat auditorium, which will be the largest venue of its kind in Singapore capable of staging amplified musicals, concerts and other large scale visual events.
The venue is supported with administration, artist and technical support, function spaces, foyers, concessions and circulation spaces making up the remainder of the 30,000 sq.m. cultural and civic program.
The concept design is driven by the desire to blur the boundaries between retail and cultural zones and indoor and outdoor spaces with flowing spatial transitions that encourage discovery and deliver an energetic civic node serving one-north and beyond.
• The Chicago Athenaeum, International Architecture Awards 2012
• MIPIM Architecture Review Future Project Awards 2010
– Commended, Mixed Use Projects
• Cityscape Awards for Architecture in Emerging Market 2010
– Winner, Future Commercial / Mixed Use Projects
• Asia Pacific Commercial Property Awards 2009
– Winner, Architecture Award, Asia Pacific
– 5-Star, Architecture Award, Singapore
• International Property Awards 2009
– Finalist, Architecture Award
Client: Rock Productions Pte Ltd (Cultural Complex) CapitaLand (Retail Complex)
GFA: 62,000 sq.m.
Completion date: 2012